The Chic’ Beauty Planner
You have planned all the details of your wedding to take care of your guests. Now it’s time to plan for your own beauty needs to take your walk down the aisle as beautiful and healthy as you can be.
Here’s a checklist to help you make sure look and feel your best on your wedding day. This is your day to shine!
Let’s make your appointments now for your beauty needs…
To Get Started:
Have a date set for a skin care consultation plan. We will work out a routine that best suits your skin, schedule and budget. It is important to cleanse tone and moisturizer your skin morning and night. A facial is always a must before such a special event. If your schedule permits we will do a series of treatments such as micro-dermabrasion or brightening and smoothing treatments. If you are trying to treat a condition it may need a trip to the dermatologist which will be scheduled early on.
1st Appointment date and time ________________
Makeup Design Appointment:
Design Appointment Date and Time _______________
One Week Before the Big Day:
Consider a lovely Vitamin C treatment to make your skin smooth and glowing. Treat yourself and your party, especially the Moms, to a treatment for minimizing those fine lines (our Collagen Blanket). At this point, you need help relaxing during this hectic week. We’ll include a facial massage to reduce puffy skin caused by lack of sleep, the salty foods and those late night parties. We will also do your complimentary brow shaping – the last touch to your wedding day look.
Appointment Date and Time ___________________
Other Beauty Essentials to Schedule and Consider:
- Schedule a professional cleaning at your dentist at least two weeks before your wedding day. Many brides choose to whiten their teeth for the wedding day. Many products are available at your pharmacy but you’ll get the best results with your dentist. Get into the habit of flossing everyday, and brushing twice a day. This will help to make a beautiful smile for your wedding day while improving your oral health.
- Decide on the length, shape and style of your wedding day hairstyle. This will allow you to have an early trial with your hairdresser to decide whether the style is right for you. Remember to take your headpiece and veil to complete your look. Many brides decide to color or highlight their hair for their wedding day. It is important that you give your hair stylist enough time to create the desired look. We suggest at least 4 months before your wedding day to work with your hair stylist to decide the exact color/s you wish. Then have the process done at 6 weekly intervals, the last just before the big day. This avoids ‘color surprises’! It is a good idea to book weekly deep conditioning treatments for hair that’s healthy and shiny. Ask your stylist when to schedule your pre-wedding hair care appointment.
- Exfoliate your skin, concentrating on areas such as elbows, knees and feet once or twice per week. Follow with a deep moisturizer.
- To tan or not to tan? Many brides choose to tan before their wedding day. If you are using a self tanner, remember to experiment well before your wedding day to decide the correct color and how it will “wear off”. If you are attending a professional tanning studio, it is a good idea to have an application well before the event. There are risks of unnatural color, uneven spotting and allergic reactions with these chemical processes.
- Consider professional laser hair removal. These appointments need will be two month apart and may take up to three treatments to make it permanent. However you can still be hair free for the wedding day and honey moon in just one or two and you won’t have to worry about razor rash and bump skin from waxing.
- Schedule a regular manicure and pedicure either at home or at your beauty salon. This will not only allow you to have beautiful hands and feet on your wedding day, but will also help you to relax and pamper yourself at this busy time. Moisturize your hands. Keep a small bottle of moisturizer in your handbag.
- Decide on the nail polish color for your big day early. Purchase a bottle of the color for any chips on the big day and on your honeymoon.
- If you are having acrylic or gel tips applied, make sure they are short enough for you to still use your hands. If it is your first time having them applied, it is a good idea to have them put on at least a week before to get use to the length.
- Treat yourself to your favorite fragrance. Wear on the pulse points (ears, wrists and knees) and in your hair. Purchase matching body wash and body spray to make sure a long-lasting scent.
- Consult your GP to work out if your body’s immune system needs any extra boosts such as vitamin supplements and anti-oxidants. This will help your body to look and feel its best for the big day.
- Drink eight to ten glasses of water a day. This will boost your energy and leave your skin glowing.
- Exercise. Commit to a routine that best suits the results you want to meet. You look and feel better, your energy levels will improve and your stress levels will drop. If you wish to lose weight to fit into your dream gown or to improve your health it is advisable to consult a professional weight loss clinic or your GP. You don’t want a “fainting bride” story to remember your day!
- Rest. It is healthy to get eight hours of sleep a day. Your skin will love you for it!
Call Jeanil Weddings for all of your skin care needs. We are here to help you and your bridal party look and feel your best.